Send notification to assignee only if in a specific group

Annette Grannetia January 29, 2017

We have a number of projects in JIRA which occasionally require help from users who aren't working in JIRA on a daily basis. We're using OnDemand. 

Is there any way to set up the "Issue Assigned" event to notify the assignee based upon the group? So, if user is in group X, notification does need to be sent, if in group Y, don't send. 

I've seen one topic very similar, but there was no answer and no reply since 2013...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Annette Grannetia February 2, 2017

As a work around, I've created a filter based upon Assignee in (currentUser()) and updated >= 24h. As admin I created a subscription for the specific group. The subscription will email users their own personalized filter on a daily basis - the frequency is very flexible, so could be hourly, but then I would also change the filter to represent this.

0 votes
Deleted user January 30, 2017

There is a ismple way of doing this. If my understanding is correct, you want to notify a user(user in a particular group) of an event. All we have to do is, create a group X and add the user to X and in notification scheme, for issue Assigned event, add this group to be notified.

Hi Swetha,

This will send an e-mail to all members of the group whenever any change in assignee is done - so also when the assignee is not part of the group.

Deleted user February 2, 2017

Hi Annette,

If you want only the assignee to receive email notification(if he is in a particular group), you can user JIRA Automation Plugin(Free add-on). And create an automation rule.

Unfortunately that plugin is not available in OnDemand... Looks good though, starting to wish we never moved to Cloud, too many wanna-haves we're missing out on...

Suggest an answer