Send notification mail to the person for whom assignee the issue (assignee is dynamic)

nitin gite January 2, 2013

Q1. i am Licenced user of JIRA,I have created one issue,and that issue has assignee to "abc" person

assignee are dyanamic name (changeing everytime )acording to assignee name i want to send notification and want to assingne task,for that i use

1.edit notification

2.event--> create issue

3.on that i select user custom field value

still i will not sending notifaction to respective person ( plz referr attachment screen 1,screen 2)

Q2. as i select any dropdown option can i fire event on that,like after selecting value it will show me text field

plz guide me

Nitin Gite

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

I am quite confused with you explanation, anyway will try to answer with what I understood:

• If you need to send notification for Edit issue to the user selected in the custom field 'Person Assigned' you need to select the "Edit Issue" event. The screenshot shows "Issue Created"
  • The Assignee field can be dynamic and of you have selected "Current Assignee" in the Notificaiton scheme, it will be used for sending any notification. In fact there is not need to have an additional field called 'Present Assignee'

If you can get your usecase explained a bit more, probably we can help.

Suggest an answer