Send notification by mail everyday for example - possible or not ?

Christophe Leite August 12, 2013

Hello,

Is this possible to define a notification, which sends an e-mail to users once every day for example ?

Is it a regular JIRA functionnaliy or do we need to install another plugin ?

Thanks a lot,

Christophe

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tommy Nordahl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

Hi again,
I guess you need to be member of the jira-administrators group to set a group as recipient. But you should be able to create a personal subscription if you are only a member of the jira-users group.
Haven't had time to test it though. We run all out notification via the Notification Assistant for JIRA plugin.

2 votes
Tommy Nordahl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2013

Hi Christophe,

Sure, you can set up personal subscription to a filter as well as group subscriptions.

If you still need a more sophisticated solution, take a look at this plugin:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.notificationassistant

Br
Tommy

Christophe Leite August 14, 2013

Thanks a lot Tommy for your answer. May I have some specific rights in order to have the Recipient field on the configuration screen of subcription above ?

Because I've tried to define it using different profiles. Sometimes, I succeed, other times no...

1 vote
Christina Schantin [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2013

Hi Christophe,

because, there is not a easily operated way for users to define notifications, communardo developed the RemindMe Plugin. Version 0.9 is free with less functions, Version 1.0 is comercial. Please feel free to try out:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.communardo.jira.plugins.remindme

1 vote
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2013
Yes, that is possible. You must define a search filter. Now you can define an abo on this filter.

Suggest an answer