Send mail to non-Jira user on transitions

Kim Andersson April 5, 2016

Hello there! 

I've found several plugins that solves some of my problems, but not as I would like them to be solved.

First of all I got a form on a website, this is supposed to create a card in JIRA which is already done. 

But this is the tricky bit, and that is as follows:

When the issue is done, the person who sent in a ticket should get an email that verifies that the issue has been created.

Also, whenever this card gets thrown around the company on all of the different workflow-transitions, I would then like the user to get notified by these issue-transfers. 

It would be even better if this can be combined with an email template.

1 answer

0 votes
Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2016

Hi Kim, 

you could use JETI as it offers you the ability to email an issue on transitions. 

With JETI you are even able to save senders mail address to a custom field. 

Further information you can get here in such a scenario:

https://www.meta-inf.hu/display/PLUG/Setting+up+an+Email+Help+Desk

But there may be some ohter plugins with this functionality such as Script Runner I guess...

Hope this helps, 

Cheers, 
Mario 

Kim Andersson April 5, 2016

I will definitely look at Jeti! 
And you can confirm that this will work without having to force the person to create a user account on JIRA in order to reply to their mail? 

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 5, 2016

Hi Kim,

Just quick note on JETI: it is currently available for JIRA Server (you host), we are going to release the Cloud compatible version soon. Approximately by the end of April.

Tibor

Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2016

Hi Kim, 
no, you must not create a user. You can simply communicate just by mail.
Cheers,
Mario 

Suggest an answer