Send file attachments in issue update

Frederic Hutow March 31, 2013

Is there a way when JIRA sends a notification email that has a file attachment (ex: images), that it sends out the file with the email?

Currently, it only says "File attachment: filename.png".

What I want is that it says that, but also sends the "filename.png" with the email.

If not, is there any plug-in that is easy to install (and easy to do what I want it to do) available? Possibly, a step-by-step instruction.

Thanks,

Frederic Hutow

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2013

JEMH supports adding adding attachments for non-JIRA users, its enabled in the IssueListener Project Mapping. More on setting up the IssueListener feature here.

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2013

Email this issue plugin will help you to send attachments

Frederic Hutow April 1, 2013

How would it be possible with the Email this issue plugin? What would I need to do so it send the file attachments automatically whenever the issue is updated?

I do know you can click on "Email" and then manually send the file attachment, but automatically?

Thanks

Suggest an answer