Send emails to all workers within a project

Deleted user December 17, 2013

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to send notifications (via email) to all users/workers in my JIRA project in order to inform them about certain things.

Is there anything in place yet or will be in the near future in order to achieve it?

A solution could be to either copy&paste all email addresses and manually paste them into the email client or by a feature directly in JIRA (even smarter).

Thanks in advance!

Kai

5 answers

1 vote
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2013

Hi Kai

Yes there is already a send email function in JIRA itself currently.

In JIRA, you can go to Administrations > System > Mail > Send E-mail

Form there you can select which particular groups or project roles that you would like to send the mail to.

1 vote
Tommy Nordahl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

Hi Kai,

Why not use JIRAs built in notification to users?
You can send a message to certain groups, givet that your project users belong to a specific JIRA group.

You need to have access to JIRA Admin console though.

Br
Tommy

0 votes

Hi Rahul,

may I missunderstood your explanation, but actually I don't want to send notes for activities or anything else which is related to a ticket status in JIRA.

I just want to inform users of my project every now and then about delays which could happen with their requests when workload on my end is heavy, I'm on vacation or if I just want to say "hello".

I basically don't want to set rules which apply automatically based on what happens on ticket status or something similar.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

What i suggest you is to ask your jira administrator to create a project role - Default watchers for you and have this project role added for all events (or specific events) in the notification scheme.

And you then decide as a project admin who get to sit in that project role.

Anyone in the project role (may be a person or a group) then gets emails for all activities as per the notification scheme you define.

0 votes

Hi,

thanks for your quick reply!

Unfortunately this ís not working for me since I'm just part of a bigger group of users and I do not have administrator rights. I'm just administrator of a specific project.

Thanks,

Kai

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events