Send e-mail when a customfield value is changed

Abhi Vaishnav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2014

Hi guys, 

We have a custom field called "Severity" that can be set to either 'Major' or 'Minor'. 

We have a second field, "notification list" which is set based on the severity of an issue. 

If the severity is minor, only 1 e-mail (x@domain.com) gets set in the notification list. If it's set to major, both x@domain.com and y@domain.com gets set in the notification list. 

Upon issue creation, our notification scheme fires off an e-mail to the address(es) in the notification list field. 

Now, if a ticket is set as minor during creating but gets changed to a major once work has started, is it possible to set the notifications list and fire off an e-mail?

So now the e-mail is sent to both x and y @domain.com

I have looked at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/67193 but there the e-mails are static and the e-mail body, header, etc are set in the script. I want the default JIRA e-mails to fire off - not set by me. 

Also, as they state, I only want this issue to fire off once after the edit is saved - not during the edit. 

Lastly, I only care about going from minor --> major; if it goes the other way, no need to fire off an e-mail. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Abhi Vaishnav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2015

Eventually we figured out that this was not worth the effort. It looks like we have to write our own listener. There isn't really a plugin out there that takes care of this. 

Suggest an answer