Send custom email post-function - send to project role

Samuel Titka April 28, 2015

Hi,

I would like to send an email as post-function to project role named "Portfolio Manager". The only problem is that the name of this role contains the space character " ". I do not want to rename this role. It seems that custom email script uses space as delimiter for addressing the roles/groups and so on...

How can I solve this problem? I tried role:'Portfolio Manager' and 'role: Portfolio Manager' but I was unsuccessful.

See the screenshot below.

image2015-4-29 9:18:36.png

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2015

Samuel,

Please try putting the role in quotes, so use:

role:"Portfolio Manager"

I tested that and it works for me.

Samuel Titka April 29, 2015

It works. Thanks a lot!

Gab Bautista April 3, 2016

One of my JIRA clients just upgraded their SR to the latest free version (3.1.4) and sending of custom emails to Role names with spaces is not working anymore even though it has quotation marks on it.

Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2016

Gab,

I'm pretty sure I tested this on a 4.x version. I'd suggest they try using the latest one compatible with their JIRA instance (they may want to use an evaluation licence to try it).

Suggest an answer