Send create notification on private issues

Deleted user October 15, 2013

I have a jira installation, that is non public. But I would like to send create issue notifications to a mailing list. Is there a way to achieve this? Or do I have to create a "Mailing-List User" with permissions on the project to allow this kind of notification?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2013

Off-the-shelf, Jira will only send email to users that it knows can see the issues. There's nowhere to add an arbitrary "send email to this address", so you have to set up a dummy user to hold the email address (you can leave it out of the "can log in" group, as long as you somehow grant it visibility of the issues).

There are a number of plugins that will let you send to an arbitrary email address though. It may be worth investigating those (although bear in mind that a number of places I've been to have set them up in a way that "leaks" information to people who shouldn't see it, so be careful. At least with a dummy user, it stays inside the Jira visibility model)

Deleted user October 15, 2013

Thank you. I'll stick with an "virtual user"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events