Send avatars and images in JIRA notifications inline

Dotun O April 11, 2014

Hi everyone,

My organization uses Lotus Notes and it gives authentication prompts when users open JIRA notification emails. The email client apparently goes back to grab the images when a user opens his/her notification emails.

Is it possible to have JIRA send the messages along with the notifications--as opposed to the email client making requests to JIRA when users open their notifications? If not, is it possible to prevent avatars and icons from being sent?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2014

Hello Dotum,

as a JIRA Administrator you can specify a default email format by choosing "Adminstration" -> "User Management" -> "User Preferences". Edit default setting and set "text" as default mail format.

Hope this helps.

Fabio

Dotun O April 13, 2014

Thanks Fabio! I've done it, and I applied the changes, but I'm still getting the avatars. Should I still expect to get images even with format changed to text? I'm unable to verify that the pop-ups have been supressed as I have already manually changed some settings in Lotus notes to suppress notifications to my email account. It may be difficult to roll out these changes to the entire company and that's why I'm looking into this alternative.

Dotun O April 23, 2014

It works, but not consistently.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2014

what happens?

Dotun O April 24, 2014

Sometimes it get HTML, and other times I get plain text.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2014

Strange, it depends on specific user setting. If as user i specified text I should receive always a text email. if not open a ticket to Atlassian.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Dotun O April 24, 2014

I'll still poke around a little bit. I'll contact them if I can't resolve it. Thanks.

Suggest an answer