Send an attachement to user using JEMH

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2013

We are using the Enterprise Mail Handler (JEMH) and its great. But we have a problem which hopefully someone here can help with.

By default we want our comments NOT to go to the external user. So we have done that by limiting the comments event, and have added a workflow transition called "Email the customer". It allows you to email the customer, using a custom event. It works perfectly. JEMH processes it without any problem.

Here's the issue.

If we want to send a attachment to the customer, I can enter [^filename] in the comment, and it will send a attachement. It resolves properly and appears that the attachment will be sent just fine. The problem is that when the external user receives the message. There is no attachment. The text is there, but it is just that, straight text. Has anyone ever tried to send an attachment this way, and if so, how did you do it?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2013

Thank you. I see that its something that Andy is working on.

0 votes
Rizwan Rizvi November 30, 2013

Hi Jo-Anne,

I am trying to accomplish almost the exact scenario and would appreacite any help you can be in explaining how you accomplished the functionality on your end.

What I want is that the comments be not sent out to external users altogether but to be sent to internal users without any issue.

There will be cases when customer has to be asked something and in such cases I want to insert a transition which when triggered sends the comment entered part of the transition to the external customer and on reply adds back that comment to the issue.

I am using JEMH for this purpose but jsut don't know how I can stop comemnts going out to external user and at the same time allow all comemnts to flow to internal user. At this moment all comments flowing to everyone.

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2013

Hi Jo-Anne,

I had thought I'd responded to this, my tablet must have eaten it :/ So, yes, the intial solution dealt with incoming email and related imagery/attachments. The time window was there to stop other users attachments being added (as duplicates) to later updates via email.

The sceanrio you mention doesn't quite fit, but its reasonable to expect. I've created https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-1506 for that. I'd hope to look at this in the next few weeks.

0 votes
Jason Plumhoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2013
I do almost exactly the same thing. But I made a custom screen that allows me to attach the file at the same time I add the comment. I seem to remember the instructions say something about JEMH only recognizing attachments added within 10sec of the comment, so maybe that's why my approach works.

Suggest an answer