Send an Email notification when the issue's status change

Alejandro Agapito May 13, 2013

Hello i created my own workflow in jira, but i need to send an email notification when the issue pass from an status to another, are there some type of configuration to do it ? thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

Hi,

In your transition, add post function " Fire an event that can be processed by the listeners"

Alejandro Agapito May 13, 2013

It has the post function the last functions says this"Disparar un evento Evento genérico que puede ser procesado por escuchadores.(Spanish)" all the transitions have this

Like Sonia Lahcene likes this
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

Hi,

selct your custom event or one of JIRA's system events :Issue
Assigned, Issue Moved,...

Like Eric GANGLOFF likes this
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

Updated my answer. Check it out

4 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2013

Hi Alejandro,

Use Issue Notifications Schemes.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme

You can also configure a custom notification if what you are not looking for is not in one of the events provided by JIRA. Documentation available at

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+a+Custom+Event

Follow this:

1. Go to Administration

2. Click on Events

3. Create a new Event called "Status Changed"

4. Go to your project's notification scheme and select the group or project role that needs to be notified when the issue status is changed

5. Go to your workflow and add this event on every transition post-function

Cheers

Bhushan

Jie Kang September 5, 2019

Hi, Bhushan:

Could you provide screenshot for "5. Go to your workflow and add this event on every transition post-function"? I am using Jira cloud, and It is not obvious to me how this is done.

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2016

Or alternatively, you can just set a custom messenger configuration with this add-on https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.vacom.jirassimo/server/overview

and set it to fire when an issue (in one or another project) changes it's status or whatever condition you may have.

What is a benefit for us is that you can set it up to send a slack notification as well

Suggest an answer