Send a new issue to specific users if a specific custom field has been populated

Alexandra Guerra October 2, 2013

We have a custom multi select field called Cross System Impact which if any or multiple options are selected, we would like to email a specific group of users.

Whilst we could set up a issue filter and make the group of users subscribe to the filter to receive it on a regular basis - it would much better for them to either 1. Only receive notifications when a new issue meets the criteria, or 2. Become automatic watchers on a new issue which meets the criteria

Is there any way to do this as part of our workflow or any other out-of-the-box functionality of JIRA on Demand?

Ideally it would be a post function but would require an 'if' statement to run (i.e. send to user X IF Cross system impact = Y)

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

You should be able to do option 1. Only receive notifications when a new issue meets the criteria

In this case the filter will have JQL which searches for issues where Cross system impact = Y. And then you subscribe for it. Does that work?

Alexandra Guerra October 8, 2013

Hi, Yes I know that option 1 is possible. I was looking for an alternative that pushes out via email notifications to one or more people when a new issue is created. I didn't want to have to get them to subscribe to an entire issue filter as that would put the onus on them to set it up (which cannot be guaranteed).

Any other ideas? Or is there a way to set up subscriptions on behalf of other people?

Suggest an answer