Send a custom email with Script listener Error groovy.lang.Binding

Sergey Penkov December 9, 2015

Hello,

I have configured a script which is working in version 2.1.17 on JIRA 6.2.5 and it doesnt work in version 4.2.0.2 on JIRA 7.0.4

I hope someone can give me a hint what have changed in new version and how to fix it.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Sergey

Script:

<xmp>
<% if (lastComment)
out << lastComment
%>
</xmp>

<xmp>
<br>С уважением,
<br><% out << componentManager.commentManager.getComments(issue)?.last()?.authorUser.displayName %> </xmp>

Error:

groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: componentManager for class: groovy.lang.Binding at groovy.lang.Binding.getVariable(Binding.java:63) at groovy.lang.Binding.getProperty(Binding.java:105) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.getProperty(InvokerHelper.java:172) at groovy.lang.Closure.getPropertyTryThese(Closure.java:324) at groovy.lang.Closure.getPropertyDelegateFirst(Closure.java:314) at groovy.lang.Closure.getProperty(Closure.java:299) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoGetPropertySite.getProperty(PogoGetPropertySite.java:50) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callGroovyObjectGetProperty(AbstractCallSite.java:307) at groovy.tmp.templates.GStringTemplateScript35$_getTemplate_closure1.doCall(GStringTemplateScript35.groovy:11) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:93) at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:325) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ClosureMetaClass.invokeMethod(ClosureMetaClass.java:294) at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:1019) at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:426) at groovy.lang.Closure$WritableClosure.writeTo(Closure.java:856) at groovy.lang.Closure$WritableClosure.toString(Closure.java:982) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3277.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite$PogoCachedMethodSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.invoke(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:210) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite.call(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:71) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:117) at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail$_getDescription_closure15$_closure26$_closure34.doCall(SendCustomEmail.groovy:672) at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail$_getDescription_closure15$_closure26$_closure34.doCall(SendCustomEmail.groovy) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:93) at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:325) at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ClosureMetaClass.invokeMethod(ClosureMetaClass.java:294) at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:1019) at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:426) at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:420)

3 answers

2 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2015

Use ComponentAccessor... there is information on the changes you will need here: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/releases/release-4.1.4.html

You will probably need to use the fully-qualified class name.

Balvant Biradar April 11, 2019

Hi Jamie,

I am using Listners to send custom email for commented events, but not able to show comment author and time in email template.

FYI, How to add comment author and time 

<b>Assignee :</b> $issue.assignee
<br>
<b>Reporter :</b> $issue.reporter
<br>
<b>Description :</b> $issue.description
<br>
<b>Labels :</b> $issue.labels
<br>

<% if (mostRecentComment)
out << "Last comment: " << mostRecentComment
%>

def commentList = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getCommentManager().getComments(issue)
if (commentList)
out << "AUTHOR : " << commentList.last()?.authorUser.displayName
%>

Also please guide on how to add who invoked event, for status or updated or commented events?

Thanks in advance 

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

Hi Sergey,

The getCommentManager was missing, therefore with the changes Jamie proposed the template should be

&lt;xmp&gt;
&lt;% if (lastComment)
	out &lt;&lt; lastComment
%&gt;
&lt;/xmp&gt;

&lt;xmp&gt;
	&lt;br&gt;С уважением, 
	&lt;br&gt;&lt;%  
    def commentList = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getCommentManager().getComments(issue)
    	if (commentList)
    		out &lt;&lt; commentList.last()?.authorUser.displayName 
   	%&gt; 
&lt;/xmp&gt;

Also you have to check if there are comments because even if you use the '?' operator you will still get a Cannot access last() element from an empty List

Kind regards

Thanos

0 votes
Sergey Penkov December 15, 2015

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for you answer, I missed it sorry for that.

I am not sure that understood you well, I changed next:

<% out << componentManager.commentManager.getComments(issue)?.last()?.authorUser.displayName %> 

to:

<<% out << com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getComments(issue)?.last()?.authorUser.displayName %> </xmp>

In this case I got an error:

No signature of method:com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail.tr() is applicable for argument types: (com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail$_getDescription_closure15$_closure26) values: [com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.SendCustomEmail$_getDescription_closure15$_closure26@14f6db6b] Possible solutions: is(java.lang.Object), any(), grep(), with(groovy.lang.Closure), grep(java.lang.Object), any(groovy.lang.Closure)

Am I on the right way?

Thanks

Suggest an answer