Send a custom email in post-function in JIRA workflow

Olga Szemjonova May 17, 2016

Hi,

I want to send a custom email as a post-function in JIRA work follow. I want to send it directly to a person, and when an issue's status turn to Done from In progress. So if somebody move an issue to the done, then he will get an email about it.

I don't know the code of it. please can someone suggest? And the progress of it (Recipients, Body, Subject field etc)

Thanks

Olga

2 answers

3 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2016

Hi OIga, there are a couple of ways to achieve this.

1. use JIRA features only: 
    1. create a custom event type in JIRA
    2. edit the workflow transition to fire this event
    3. configure recipients of the notifications when this event occurs in the project's notification scheme
  2. Use Email This Issue add-on
    1. It has a post-function component that you can configure to send the emails regardless of the event fired using customizable email templates, attachments etc
    2. It has complete customizable notifications and a set of tutorials
  3. Use ScriptRunner for JIRA
    1. It hs support for a script post function that has an implementation that can send email
  4. I believe JEMH has this feature as well, but I'm not sure how it works.

Tibor

Stefano Rosario Aruta February 7, 2019

hi, do you can make a post-function where it take a email in the issue custom field and  text in the custom field 2, after send email?

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2019

Hi,

One more way to send email on status transition is by using Raley Email Notifications 

Vladimir

Suggest an answer