Send Issue back to Reporter

Gregor Szypulski October 30, 2012

Hello everybody,

is there a possibility to send an Issue from the "dashboard" of a developer (other group of users) if closed or not resolved, back to the Reporter?

I know that I get automatically the current status per Mail as the Reporter! But it would be important to clear the dashboard contains the issue (the issue which cant be resolved or is closed) and send this one completely back to the reporter!

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2012

I don't understand your question exactly, maybe you could rephrase what exactly it is what you want.

But, as far as I understand, you could just assign the ticket back to the reported, assuming the user has the right to assign tickets to others. Alternatively you can use the "filter results" gadget to NOT display resolved and closed tickets.

Gregor Szypulski October 31, 2012

Thank you very much for your help!

Yes, I know how to add a new Post Function!

@Mick:

Our Developers asked me if it is possible to clear they dashboard with the unresolved or closed Issue! So I thought, that perhaps it is possible to send the completely issue with the status close or not resolved to me back! Maybe it is a good idea to use a filter! If our developers wish to clear the dashboard with unresolved or closed issues!? Could you help me with creating a filter for this demand???

Thanks

2 votes
Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

Hi Greg,

If you mean reassigning the issue to the Reporter, you can do it by editing the workflow. Add a Post Function to the transition of closing or resolving the issue - "Assign to Reporter". Then every time an issue is resolved or closed, it will get back to the Reporter. If you need more details on how to do it, you might want to check this documentation.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Dora

Marybeth Feeney October 31, 2019

Hello, is there a way to do this only for specific issue types (ex. internal bug)?

Suggest an answer