Selenium tests not running on Bamboo

Pratikshya Kuinkel February 22, 2012

When I run selenium tests on local Bamboo, everything runs perfectly. But when I try to run the same tests on Bamboo on Jira located on remote machine, build fails with no verbose error. I tried with RemoteWebDriver as well as FirefoxDriver but no luck. When tried with Selenium RC by running server through ANT script, it asked to provide firefox executable path. But my remote machine does not have firefox installed. So what can be a better way to integrate Selenium tests with Bamboo provided that the remote machine will not have firefox (real browser) running. Any hint could be of great help.

4 answers

0 votes
Ulrich Kuhnhardt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2012

I guess you are referring to bamboo in Jira Studio. I hope Atlassian shows mercy and writes up a 'How to run Selenium Tests on Elastic Bamboo using the default AMI"

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2012

Sounds like something you should test :)

0 votes
Pratikshya Kuinkel February 22, 2012

Well one option I can see is to install firefox but run the tests in headless mode. I've read some blogs which discuss about using xvfb for accomplishing this job. But it is not clearly indicated.

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2012

Doesn't Selenium require Firefox installed on the test-server in order to work?

Suggest an answer