Selecting on a custom field type user picker

Paul Dillon June 17, 2014

I have an issue where the assignee is Paul2834. On a workflow transition I copy the value from assignee to my custom field 'Developer ID' and that works fine. The display for both fields shows the full name of the user Paul2834 which is Paul Dillon (Me). If I select issues with assignee = PAUL2834 the issue is returned in the results. If I select with Developer ID = PAUL2834 the issue is not returned in the results. Why? Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Paul Dillon July 9, 2014

Issue resolved

0 votes
Paul Dillon July 3, 2014

I discovered that a script from the jirasuite plugin was changing the case to uppercase when it copied the Assignee across. I wrote my own script which leaves the id's in lowercase and it works fine now.

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2014

Hi Paul,

Have you tried to re-index JIRA and tested whether the problem persists even then?

Also, would you mind clarifying how exactly the value is being copied to your custom field? Are you using a third-party plugin?

Cheers,

Danilo

Paul Dillon June 18, 2014

Hi, re-indexing doesn't help.

I copy the value using a post function on a transition. "The field Developer ID will take the value from Assignee. Source and destination issue are the same.". I think it has something to do with the fact that the system uses active directory as it's user directory. If I click on the Developer ID field it shows my Active Direcroy ID i.e. PAUL2834, when I click away it shows my full name Paul Dillon. I am trying to select in a filter based on Developer ID = PAUL2834. Thanks

Suggest an answer