Select project type

AndersJ October 15, 2013

I am using Jira OnDemand and want to create a projekt with a project type from the market place. I select +Add project. Then I get a picture with 6 standard projects. I want to use a project type from the Market Place Workflow "IT service desk workflow". This is imported but I am not able to select this project type. How can I select this projet type to my project ?

Kind regards

Kurt Serup

kse@grontmij.dk

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2013

I think you might be mixing up workflow with project type. A workflow defines a path through a process that an issue will take. A project is a structure to define how a set of naturally grouped together issues will behave. Workflow is one thing that a project can be told to use.

So, you can use whatever the most appropriate project type is, then you need to define a workflow scheme to say "when using issue type X, use the IT Service Desk Workflow" and associate that with the project. Then the issues within the project will use that workflow.

Suggest an answer