Select priorities within a project

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2012

I've see the ability to restrict resolutions as a workflow property ID. However, we have the same need for Priorities. We have different priorities that are used in implementations and sales vs in our development organization.

Is there a way to restrict which priority values are used within individual projects?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2012

No, the flexibility around priorities is even worse than it is with resolutions. It's a global list, end of story.

I usually get round it with a spot of javascript - define the global list as usual, putting both sets of priorities you want to use. Make sure the two groups are in the right order as far as each of them are concerned (e.g. if you've got 1,2,3 and A,B,C, then 123ABC, 1A2B3C and 12ABC3 will all be fine). Then the javascript removes the "extra" options from the list as the create/edit/transition screens are rendered.

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2012
I had hoped I had missed something in the documentation. Oh welll..that's too bad. Thanks for the workaround.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2012

Yes, sorry to disappoint - it's one of the longest running and annoying things that Atlassian haven't dealt with yet, and I think it might be the single most popular improvement request. Add your vote and see some other workarounds at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3821

Suggest an answer