Select field value based on another field value

SPi Admins June 25, 2012

We'd like to, based initially on what is the default value of the Reporter field and subsequently if it's changed to something else, take that username and do a lookup for the user's full display name, mangle it, and based off that value set the value in a different selection list. This would be done on the Create Issue screen.

The user's full display name is formatted like: "Company Name: User Name". By mangling it I mean doing some sort of substring operation to grab everything before the ":".

I've looked at some jelly example code, the database values plugin, etc and have been having a hard time coming up with exactly what we want. Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012

Yes you can using the Behaviours plugin , there is a similar example which you can refer

SPi Admins June 25, 2012

How do I do the user full display name lookup based off the Reporter field value?

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012

If i have understood your question correctly

You will have to write a groovy script(add it as a server side script on the field) which will check if this field(Reporter) is changed , if it is changed then get the value of this field , apply some logic to grab everything before the ":".

then set this value to some other selection list

Suggest an answer