Select custom workflow at Project Creation

Lindsay Travis February 25, 2014

Hi there,

I've not been able to find an answer to this - apologies if I've missed it somewhere.

We've set up several custom workflows for different kinds of projects. We want to use only the custome workflows, and not the Jira default options which are presented when you create a project.

I'm aware of course that you can assign a workflow scheme after you've created a project.

However, this is not a very elegant way of doing things. In addition, in the process of selecting a Jira default workflow a new project workflow is created, which gets really messy if you don't regularly go into the 'Inactive' list to delete them.

Is there something I'm missing here? Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2014

Hey there, I don't think that this is possible in JIRA currently. However, there seems to already be an improvement request for that, which you can find here.

For now, I would recommend that you do the following on the feature request ticket :

• Vote, so that it will receive more attention
  • Watch it, so that you will receive any and all updates
  • Comment, and give your opinion on the matter

Please note that the implementation of new features and improvement requests falls under Atlassian's Implementation of New Features Policy.

Suggest an answer