Select List Questions

NickW July 12, 2012

Hi All

I want to have a SelectList for build number which will range from 0 to 3000. This is used in 3 places (to record submitted in, resolution in and validated in. So my questions are:

1. Can you import data into select lists as I don't seem to see a way of doing that atm?

2. Can you somehow link three select lists to same data?

As ever many thanks for all help

Nick

2 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2012

You can't link them all to the same data. If you want that Radu's plugin is a good solution.

If not, an if it is a one time job, you can probably add the options to JIRA database directly. Look at the customfieldoption table.

Make sure you take JIRA offline and increase the seqId for the entity under SequenceValueItem as well if you gor for modifying JIRA tables.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2012

yeap, place them all in a database and use this : http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/DBCF/Home

Obviously, I'm biased, but other solutions may exist.

Suggest an answer