Select JIRA fields are no longer showing up on screens.

Tim B. June 26, 2012

We are using JIRA 4.1.2 and have been doing so for over a year and a half. This problem has never surfaced until now. Many fields (some of which are required) are no longer showing up on the create screen, edit screen and the screens that follow. When you go into the Custom fields area the fields show up and when you go the field Configuration schemes for the fields they are associated with the screens but when you try to create an issue the fields are no longer present. There are a few admins but it appears none have made any configuration changes today (the system was working earlier today with no issues).

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tim B. June 26, 2012

Jobin, your response led me to the cause of the problem which allowed me to correct it. I went to the "Configure Issue Type Screen Scheme" and found that an issue type was incorrectly associated with one of our many screen schemes. The issue was remedied once I alligned the issue type to the proper screen scheme. Now I have to figure out who changed this setting and why. THANKS for your support!!

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2012

You should look at the screen schemes and not at field configurations alone. Also check if there are any error in the logs.

Suggest an answer