Select JIRA fields are no longer showing up on screens.

We are using JIRA 4.1.2 and have been doing so for over a year and a half. This problem has never surfaced until now. Many fields (some of which are required) are no longer showing up on the create screen, edit screen and the screens that follow. When you go into the Custom fields area the fields show up and when you go the field Configuration schemes for the fields they are associated with the screens but when you try to create an issue the fields are no longer present. There are a few admins but it appears none have made any configuration changes today (the system was working earlier today with no issues).

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Jobin, your response led me to the cause of the problem which allowed me to correct it. I went to the "Configure Issue Type Screen Scheme" and found that an issue type was incorrectly associated with one of our many screen schemes. The issue was remedied once I alligned the issue type to the proper screen scheme. Now I have to figure out who changed this setting and why. THANKS for your support!!

This widget could not be displayed.

You should look at the screen schemes and not at field configurations alone. Also check if there are any error in the logs.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

171 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you