Seeing old resolved items but using (status != Done OR (status = Done AND resolutiondate >=-1w))

Steve Holota June 19, 2017

Having trouble trying to keep my kanban board clean by excluding items resolved past a defined window, such as last 5 days. The query is returning items closed back in January (5 months ago)

2 answers

0 votes

had to add all of the closed state status' to the query, not just "Done"

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2017

Do the issues with status done that are appearing actually have a resolution date set?  The status is not techinically anything to do with the resolution.

yes they do.2017-06-19_12-27-26.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2017

Ok, Another sanity check which I think you've probably already performed - they're definitely in the status "done"?

Would it be possible to re-index the issues and see if that fixes it ?  You can re-index the whole project they are in, or just update one of them with something minor, like adding a . to a text field.

Yes, it has a status of Done. Tried the edit to a text field, no change. Also the re-index didn't fix it. 

here is my full query

project = "XX" AND (status != Done OR (status = Done AND resolutiondate >=-1w)) AND ("Epic Link" is EMPTY OR "Epic Link" != XX-255 AND "Epic Link" != XX-575 AND "Epic Link" != XX-98 AND "Epic Link" != XX-744) and status != cancelled ORDER BY assignee ASC, Rank ASC

thank you for the help

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2017

You have a lot of AND and OR going on there. It might help if you got rid of all the 'Epic link' stuff first to get the status data right. Try to recreate your filter focusing on the statuses first and add the Epic link stuff afterwards. You might consider one of these options:

- group the statuses in your JQL: status NOT IN (Done, Cancelled) OR (status = Done and resolved >= -1w)

- Try using Resolution instead of status as Nic suggested. 

Thanks Walter and Nic, with your suggestions I've got it working now...

(status NOT IN (Done, Closed, "Bug Resolved") OR resolved >= -5d) AND status != Cancelled AND (fixversion not in releasedVersions() OR fixversion is EMPTY)

Suggest an answer