Seeing an Invalid Issue type

I have a project that has a issue type scheme that allows issues of type: A, B and C. When I go and create a new issue in that project, the only issue that I can see is D.

D is not a valid issue type for this project.

Have anyone ever seen this type of behavior before, or have any thoughts on what may be causing it?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Yes, I've seen it before, when there was a corrupted database entry in a dev system (see, don't mess with the database while it's running ;-) ). I doubt it's that though.

I imagine it's a problem with the code that is doing the dynamic selection of issue type based on project though - have you got any javascript tweaks? I've seen something similar, but not the same, when someone tried to use javascript to stop people raising issues of certain types in a project. Just a bug in their code, but it blanked out all the options instead of removing just the unwelcome one.

A quick test would help - what do you get if you follow through and try to create D? Does it create it ok, or error?

I tried to create an issue (on the off chance that it would work). It didn't it returns an error that its an invalid issue type. Which is of course the exact error that I would expect to see.

I also thought about the javascript, but as far as I know there isn't any.

But just as I'm typing this, I have a thought. So I'm going to go and test it.

Yup, that's actually better than it going through. I think it's pointing at "bad data" though... Let us know how the next thought goes, I'm intrigued :-)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

195 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you