Seeing an Invalid Issue type

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2012

I have a project that has a issue type scheme that allows issues of type: A, B and C. When I go and create a new issue in that project, the only issue that I can see is D.

D is not a valid issue type for this project.

Have anyone ever seen this type of behavior before, or have any thoughts on what may be causing it?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2012

Yes, I've seen it before, when there was a corrupted database entry in a dev system (see, don't mess with the database while it's running ;-) ). I doubt it's that though.

I imagine it's a problem with the code that is doing the dynamic selection of issue type based on project though - have you got any javascript tweaks? I've seen something similar, but not the same, when someone tried to use javascript to stop people raising issues of certain types in a project. Just a bug in their code, but it blanked out all the options instead of removing just the unwelcome one.

A quick test would help - what do you get if you follow through and try to create D? Does it create it ok, or error?

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2012

I tried to create an issue (on the off chance that it would work). It didn't it returns an error that its an invalid issue type. Which is of course the exact error that I would expect to see.

I also thought about the javascript, but as far as I know there isn't any.

But just as I'm typing this, I have a thought. So I'm going to go and test it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2012

Yup, that's actually better than it going through. I think it's pointing at "bad data" though... Let us know how the next thought goes, I'm intrigued :-)

Suggest an answer