See more info of Service Desk on JIRA issue

After a ticket opens up through the Service Desk portal, the ticket opens up in jira as an issue.

In the issue view screen I have some summary panel of the ticket with link to Service Desk ticket, is it possible to see more info in the panel?

I want to see the group which the request type related to, not only the request name.

ThanksCapture.PNG

1 answer

0 vote
Ryan Kearney Community Champion Sep 13, 2017

Hi Neta,

You should be able to add those custom fields to the issue view screen for that project. All of the customer facing fields must be mapped to something, right?

This is not a custom field, I think this is a system field that comes with the service desk configuration but i can't see where i can control the field...

And I didn't see the field in the view screen settings

Ryan Kearney Community Champion Sep 13, 2017

Do you have Admin access? What is the exact field you are trying to add to a screen? This page may help, provided something wonky isn't going on:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/defining-a-screen-776636475.html

es, I have.

I'm trying to add to the summary panel another field value- group in service desk.

When I say group I mean to this:Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Yes, I have.

I'm trying to add groups field value from service desk to the summary panel in jira service desk project.

when I say group I mean:

Capture.PNG

Ah okay...this might be possible with scriptrunner, but that is not a regular field...I'll leave it for someone who might know more about scriptrunner. I'm thinking you might be able to pull that data from somewhere, whether it is the DB or the API I'm not sure, but it will take custom development I think. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

144 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you