See issues where a linked issue has a certain value

Hi,

I can't work out how to write a query in JQL to show a list of issues where the value of a field of a linked issue is a certain value i.e.

We have an issuetype of 'Role' and an issuetype of 'Candidate application'

We have a field on a Role issuetype called a 'hiring manager' (Text Field (single line))

I would like to return 'Candidate applications' where the 'Hiring Manager' value on the Role is equal to a string i.e. David Leach

There doesn't seem to be any JQL methods that enable you to search the values of the fields within a related issue (Issue Links - relates to)

Any ideas?

1 answer

I would check this out:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.craftforge.jira.craftforge-jql-functions-plugin

It's a paid plugin, but it's pretty powerful when trying to build queries around linked issues. You can always try the trial to see if it works for you.

Brilliant, thanks. Any ideas if something like this is available for ondemand?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,849 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot