See all sprints on all of the project scrum boards jira

Shirley Jhirad November 30, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Working with Sprints

HI all,

In my project i have multiple scrum borads:

1. Main Scrum board which shows me my entire backlog and sprint content - this is used by PMs or POs for HL view on all work and planning.
  2. Scrum boards per scrum team - each board will show a subsection of the main board acoording to a specific teams issues.- this is mainly used by the teams as the do sprint planning

When i create new sprints, i create them in the main board (all teams work in the same timeline). Sometimes i create a few future sprints in advnace and do not assign any issues to them.

In such cases on the team's scrum board, i do not get to see my future sprints, unless a team's issue was assigned to it already

I would like the option and see the sprints i created automaticlly in advance in the main board on all the other scrum boards as well, eventhough no issues were assigned to it already. for the teams to use there board for planning. this withouht them having to go to the main board and do the initial sprint planning.

Any advice if this can be achieved?

Thank you

Shirley

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2016

I don't think you can do it - the sprints belong to the main board, so the others don't show them until they start to matter to the owners of the other boards.

4 votes
Mat August 2, 2018

Has anyone found a solution for this?  I have 6 sprint teams who share a sprint but have their own board.  This allows me to see one collective burn down in the All Teams board, and then a burndown per team as well on each of their boards.  The challenge I keep having is that I create the sprint in the all teams board then each team is unable to see it until they allocate a card to it manually.

I think it's a fair use case, so would be great if it was possible to do?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Liz_Pat October 18, 2018

I have the same question. Just need to see the whole sprint plan: past, present and future. Dont' care if closed, open, or whatever. 

Like Luis Lopes likes this
3 votes
Christine Keryakes May 19, 2019

Any change on this? We are running into the same problem and it is very frustrating. I would hope they would have a solution 4 years later.

1 vote
Shirley Jhirad October 30, 2018

@Loan Market JIRA Admin

The  best solution i use for my customers is to put the sprint field in the issue detail view and instruct them to use it in order to assign the first issue to the sprint from  there and from that point it will show up in the board.

this is the fewest clicks way i found as best practice anyway..

@liz pat looking at past sprints is problematic because the backlog is for the planning stage hence past sprints will not show up, but using the board reports should be sufficient enough for analysis of the past

0 votes
Hicham Saoud March 25, 2020

Any plans for this?

I have the same scenario, in which I have several active sprints for different team's areas, but we only can have 1 sprint visible in 1 board.

We need to have a board view for each sprint, and have the possibility to initiate any sprint assigned to a different area (each area will have only 1 active sprint)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2020

No, there's no way to do it.  Sprints belong to their boards.

Suggest an answer