Secutiry level field not visible

Joanna Bajda July 10, 2017

Hi,

I'm testing security level schemes on our test jira envirement, I set up scheme, add security levels,  I have (as project administartor)  'Set Issue Security' permissions, field is added to the screens, When I'm checking "where is my field" tab it said that I should see it on the screen, although it's not there.

security level.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2017

The only possibility I can think of at the moment is that it might be shown a custom selection of fields, instead of all fields set to be potentially displayed.

Can you try this from either the Create or Edit Screen?

all.jpg

Note that the View screen won't generally show a field unless it has a value set, with some exceptions, so you might need to set a Security Level before being able to see it in the detailed view of the issue.

Joanna Bajda July 12, 2017

@Ignacio PulgarThanks a mill, so silly mistake I expected to see this field on view screene with value: none.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2017

Glad to hear that! Would you mind accepting my answer? Thanks!

Joanna Bajda July 12, 2017

Sure, thanks again!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2017

You don't mention if you have associated the scheme with the project?

Yes I did associate the scheme with the project 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2017

Ok, but that leaves us in a dead-end.  If the field is on-screen, the scheme associated, and you have set-security permission, then the field appears on create and edit. 

Even if you have no levels in it, it appears (with a single option of "none").

So I'm stuck.

Well that's my problem here. You can see on the screen below there's no feeld at the screen even though I should see it. I spend couple of hours reading documentation and community pages, could not find anything...

permissions.pngepic.png

Suggest an answer