Security Level missing after issue moved

Deleted user January 21, 2014

Hi,

We have an Issue Security Scheme on Project A, such that all issues are created with a "Restricted" secuity level (only visible to assignee or reporter).

However, when an issue is moved from another project to Project A, the security level is not set (it is empty), meaning it becomes visible to all.

This flaw in our workflow has today resulted in one client seeing 4 issues relating to another client (a competitor). I need to plug the gap!

Is there a way to set a condition, or property to ensure that ALL issues in Project A have a "Restricted" security level, even those that get moved from another project?

I could put a postfunction in the workflow transitions of Project A, but I would have to do this to EVERY transition (since I don't know what state items get moved into), and it would only take effect once an issue was edited.

Can I put a property on a status to enforce this?

Any other ideas?

thanks,
Mark.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user February 9, 2014

I couldn't find an acceptable solution to this, so I resorted to applying exactly the same security level across all projects (internal & external) to remove the risk of an issue being moved from one project to another and becoming visible to all as a result.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2014

you need to develop listner for this, in issue move event you can implement your logic !!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events