Security Level Field Query

Neil Shah November 26, 2018

Hi, 

I have a project X which is used by internal users and has around 10,000 tickets. 

I created an external group which contains 3 users from an outside company who need access to this project and they can only see issues assigned to them. 

I then created a security level called " Security Level X" and migrated all the issues in Project X to have the security level  X value. 

As this was getting annoying for some i decided to hide the field from the edit issue screen however when new issues are created now the external group can see the new ones. 

Is it because i have hidden the security level field from the edit issue screen? If its not hidden then when i create a new ticket it auto defaults so security level x which means the external group cannot see the ticket. 

Please advise?

Neil 

1 answer

0 votes
Henrique Bittencourt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2018

Hi Neil!

Unfortunately, there is no way to hide it and keep the behavior, when a field is hidden via Field Configuration in JIRA, then by it gets no value.

Best Regards.

Suggest an answer