Security Advisory?

Janette Bruzgo August 26, 2015

Hello,

I received an email this morning regarding a Jira Security Alert. Is this a real issue? Is it safe to click on the instructions link provided in the email?  I am using JIRA v7.0.0-OD-02-247 via Chrome and am the only user of this particular implementation. Does this issue affect me?

2 answers

0 votes
Janette Bruzgo August 26, 2015

Hello again, 

As I am certain you are aware, links are an excellent way to install malware and virus on victims' systems. After searching your 'answers' database and finding nothing that indicated that Atlassian had issued a security advisory recently, I decided that it was critical for me to take the time to inquire with your team before taking any action.

Will you please take the time to look actually into this for me? I think that it should be feasible for you to find out whether there truly is a Security Advisory for JIRA and whether it affects the version and implementation that I am using. 

Thanks!

michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2015

You can always inspect the link - and if it is from atlassian (with *.atlassian.com) then it should be fine. Can you send me an example of what the link looks like?

0 votes
michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2015

Hello Janette,

If the mail is an official one then it is safe- for example if the mail is from mailer.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer