Searching for sprints of similar name?

Ranjith Madhavan January 11, 2018

I tried to use contains operator, but it is not working for as it is not supported. I want to search all sprints that start with name 'Sleek', how will I do  it. I have sprints like Sleek1, Sleek2 etc. in the system. 

e.g: sprint ~ Sleek

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2018

If you search for sprint = "Sleek" then you should see all the results from various sprints like Sleek1 , Sleek2 etc. 

Possible duplicate here - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-use-the-sprint-name-as-part-of-a-query/qaq-p/51463

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2018

From the docs

Sprint

Search for issues that are assigned to a particular sprint. This works for active sprints and future sprints. The search is based on either the sprint name or the sprint ID (i.e. the number that Jira automatically allocates to a sprint).

If you have multiple sprints with similar (or identical) names, you can simply search by using the sprint name — or even just part of it. The possible matches will be shown in the autocomplete drop-down, with the sprint dates shown to help you distinguish between them. (The sprint ID will also be shown, in brackets).

Ranjith Madhavan January 16, 2018

Thanks Tarun for the answer. Unfortunately when I try to do partial search, the query builder is forcing me to choose a specific sprint from the drop down. I don't see an option make search for a prefix.

Like Paul Klingelhuber likes this

Suggest an answer