Searching for open issues in the Customer Portal

Weston Rossborough April 4, 2017

I have a need for project administrators to be able to search open issues within the customer portal. These may be issues that were created by other team members in the project. 

Currently, if I search for open issues created by anyone I only get issues that were created by me. Is there a setting to change that allows for searching for other issues within a project? I'm a global administrator in Service Desk. IssueSearch.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2017

In a nutshell, you can only see the issues/tickets visible to you. In JIRA SD, you can add orgnaizations on the tickets and you can probably add certain groups to all organizations so that they can see everything.

Having said that, I wouldn't do it. Project admins should really be inside JIRA and they should be searching for tickets in JIRA, not in the support portal. Queues, SLAs everything lives inside JIRA and it makes sense for them to track them in JIRA itself. 

Suggest an answer