I have imported a bunch of tickets and need to be able to filter them depending on a reference code field. I have setup this field and some examples below are :<colgroup><col width="241"> </colgroup>
The issue that i have is generating filters based on these codes, for example i want to list all tickets which contain EA in the reference, or all tickets which include OM etc etc. However i can not get this to work.
My generic query is as follows :
project = SPD AND issuetype = "Business Requirement" AND "BRD Reference" ~ "EA*"
This query works just fine for EA, however if i replace it with OM then i get no results (i know there are a few hundred) the same with O2C, again no results when i know there are plenty. However it does work for EA, MDM and CA.
I've tried adding an escaped '-' (ie //-) however it still doesn't work.
Is there anything else i can do? Is this a limitation due to the special character, or the fact that the codes are a long string?
May I know which custom field did you use to implement the reference code field?
As far as I know, the following custom fields types should work just fine with what you're searching for:
Free Text Field (unlimited text)
Text Field (< 255 characters)
Read-only Text Field
I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs