Searching for a Test Case Managment that is able to create bugs as sub-task! Any idea?

Hi,

I'm searching for a TCM Tool than can be integrated into Jira / Greenhopper. The tool should be able to create bugs as a sub-task for a Requierment.

I've looked into Zephyr & SynapseRT but both tools are only able to create bugs as Issues, not as sub-task for an issue.
In this cases the bug i not visible on the scrum board and also is not "good" assigned to the related Requierment. I need a bug that is instantly visible on the board (and in this way also trackable by the burn down)

Does anybody knows a test case management that is able to create bugs in the wanted way?

Or maybe it's just a config issue in Zephir / SynapseRT (or the board) that i did'nt found or maybe i misunderstand the usage of this tools?

Regards,

Manuel

2 answers

Hi Manual,

Here at Zephyr we'll add this to a feature request list. It isn't currenlty possible.

Kind Regards,
Chris

No, there is no way. A subtask is a mechanism to split big problems into small problems. So it is no good idea to put bugs under a test case - you must link them. The bugs are shown in the backlog, so your project management can assign them to the desired sprint.

I don't want to put bugs under a test case. I want to put bugs, out from a test case under a Requierment. And sure, the test case and the bug should be linked.

Also in this way there is no manually assignment neccessary.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

207 views 2 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you