Searching for a Test Case Managment that is able to create bugs as sub-task! Any idea?

Manuel Moya March 26, 2013

Hi,

I'm searching for a TCM Tool than can be integrated into Jira / Greenhopper. The tool should be able to create bugs as a sub-task for a Requierment.

I've looked into Zephyr & SynapseRT but both tools are only able to create bugs as Issues, not as sub-task for an issue.
In this cases the bug i not visible on the scrum board and also is not "good" assigned to the related Requierment. I need a bug that is instantly visible on the board (and in this way also trackable by the burn down)

Does anybody knows a test case management that is able to create bugs in the wanted way?

Or maybe it's just a config issue in Zephir / SynapseRT (or the board) that i did'nt found or maybe i misunderstand the usage of this tools?

Regards,

Manuel

2 answers

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

No, there is no way. A subtask is a mechanism to split big problems into small problems. So it is no good idea to put bugs under a test case - you must link them. The bugs are shown in the backlog, so your project management can assign them to the desired sprint.

Manuel Moya April 2, 2013

I don't want to put bugs under a test case. I want to put bugs, out from a test case under a Requierment. And sure, the test case and the bug should be linked.

Also in this way there is no manually assignment neccessary.

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2013

Hi Manual,

Here at Zephyr we'll add this to a feature request list. It isn't currenlty possible.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Suggest an answer