Searching for a CF in different tabs

Claudine Rooney August 21, 2013

Hi All,

How can I search for custom fields (Text Field - Free text Searcher) in Different tabs.

As is, I've a few tabs that have CF that all start with "Bar". Is there anyway I can do a search for all these results to come up?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2013

I don't think I understand the question. In Jira, you don't search for custom fields, you search for their content. The fact a field is in a tab is irrelevant.

If you've got several fields to search, then in the advanced search you can do things like "Bar_field_1 ~ badger or Bar_field_2 ~ mushroom or Bar_field_3 ~ snake" and you'll get a set of issues matching any of those three.

0 votes
Edu Mushroom May 8, 2023

If you have many fields to search, you may use the advanced search to find issues by entering phrases like "Bar_field_1 badger or Bar_field_2 mushroom or Bar_field_3 snake" and get a list of problems that match any of those three. I have seen many blogs provide the tips to handle these issues. You can read their to get the solution.

0 votes
Claudine Rooney August 21, 2013

That's great thanks Nic. That search functionality is what I was looking for.

Suggest an answer