Searching for Subscription and Watcher Plugin

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

I'm on the prowl for two plugins to expand JIRA. I've searched the marketplace, but I came up empty. Nonetheless, I thought I'd ask here for suggestions.

1. Subscription plugin. JIRA allows subscriptions to be set up by groups, but I'd like to take it one step further. I'd like JIRA to allow subscriptions by project role. For example, anyone with project role of Project Lead would get a list of issues that are late for their assigned projects.
  2. Watcher plugin. I like that Autowatcher adds users who comments as watchers, but I'm beginning to see that can feel a bit spammy for power commenters. Imagine a plugin that does something like the following to avoid spam:
    1. Fred comments and is added as a watcher.
    2. Someone else updates the issue.
    3. Fred receives an email about the update. This email also contains a link that Fred must click to remain as a watcher. If not clicked, Fred is removed as a watcher.

Does anyone have any suggestions on either or both?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2012

Hi Tanner,

I notice there is third party plugin in marketplace which having the similar feature as you mentioned:

1. For subscription, I'm not able to find the plugin.

2. JIRA Watcher Field plugin - please see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugin.workflow.jira-watcher-field

Good Luck.

Regards,

John Chin

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

Thanks, John. We're on version 5.0.6 right now so I can't give that plugin a go, but we'll likely update in the next few months. I'll be sure to try it out when we do.

Suggest an answer