Searching for Problems or Defects in multiple countries

David_Hamlin April 8, 2020

Searching for Problems or Defects in multiple countries.

I need to query for all problems and defects in a set our countries (i.e. Russia, Estonia, Mongolia, etc.). 

Please share if you know how to write the query to include All Problems from a list of countries. 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2020

Hello @David_Hamlin welcome to the community. It's a bit hard to guess the query without knowing the custom field type and name but assuming that your defects are all tracked as bugs and the custom field you are using for the country is named country and is a multiselect field. Query should be something like this

Issuetype = bug and county in (Russia, Estonia, Mongolia)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2020

Hi David, welcome to the Community. To be able to query by country you would need a custom field or other means of associating am issue with a country. Further you would likely want to require that the country be specified at creation or assignment. Do you have some field that specifies or would resolve to a specific country?

David_Hamlin April 12, 2020

Thanks! I managed to figure it out ... (see below as sample)

AND Country ~ Singapore OR Country ~ Philippines AND Region = APAC a

Suggest an answer