Deleted user December 7, 2017

Hello all, 

I'm trying to look through all the JIRA tickets I have and narrow it down by: 

30 day intervals

created bugs

over last 12 months

by team 

This is what I have right now:

project = xxxx and issue type = Bug AND createdDate >= 2017-01-01 and created <= 2017-01-31 ORDER BY

Am I on the right track or not even close?

2 answers

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

You're on the right track.

Just note that dates with no explicit time default to 00:00 hours, so that query wouldn't return issues created during 2017-01-31, except those that might have been created exactly at 00:00 hours.

You may fix it by using "2017-01-31 23:59" instead, or even  < 2017-02-01.

Deleted user December 8, 2017

Thank you so much.

0 votes
RianS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

I'll also add on to Ignacio's answer above. If your intention was to hard code the dates into the search, then the above is fine. You can also use the function startOfMonth(). You can put a number inside the parenthesis to go back multiple months. So for a filter for the current month:

project = xxxx and issue type = Bug AND createdDate >= startOfMonth()

For the previous month:

project = xxxx and issue type = Bug AND createdDate >=startOfMonth(-1) and createdDate < startOfMonth()

And So on...

If you want the last 30 days, you can do:

project = xxxx and issue type = Bug AND createdDate >= startOfDay(-30)

Deleted user December 8, 2017

Thank you so much, very helpful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events