Searching For Issues by Assignee Not Returning Results

Topher April 10, 2015

I am not entirely sure if this is an error in JIRA, with SIL, or with my JIRA configuration. Currently we are using JIRA version 6.3.15 with JJupin 3.0.4. We have an SIL script that assigns an issue to a specific admin depending on the location of the user who submitted the issue. The script works fine and the correct admin is assigned the issue.

The problem happens when you try to filter or search in JIRA for the assignee. If the issue is assigned to "SomeAdmin" and you search in JIRA for assignee = "SomeAdmin" you get 0 results. After some testing I have found that this will happen for any Admins that are part of the user directory JIRA Internal Directory. If the assignee is a user in AD server directory the searching works fine after the issue is created.

The current workaround is to go into the edit options for the issue, assign it to another user, then assign it back to the appropriate admin. This is inconvenient for most users and is an extra step that we never had to do before.

Previously we were using JIRA version 6.0.7 and this issue never occurred in the year that we were running that version. The workflow and script has not been changed before or after the upgrade. Many users have filters based on the assignee and I just find it odd that the filters and searching in JIRA is not returning results when you can clearly see an issue is assigned to a specific user.

Could this possibly be an issue with the new version of JIRA or JJupin? Or is there some internal JIRA setting I need to configure to allow for users in JIRA Internal Directory to be searchable like the AD server users?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2015

I think I found the glitch. The release today (10/Jul) will contain the fix.

Suggest an answer