I have been researching a solution that would allow me to search for issues starting with (Sales). I have tried the following with no luck.
I have tried a bunch of other combinations with no luck. It either shows nothing or shows every issue where summary contains the word Sales. It appears to be completly ignoring the escaped parenthesis..
I found an issue that appears related to this but it shows as fixed
We are running JIRA v6.3.8
I appreciate any support with this issue. Thanks!
To add to the confusion the Summary ~ operation is returning user stories with the word Sale even though I am searching for
summary ~ "\\(Sales\\)"
I appreciate any response to this question. My inability to solve this is preventing us from moving off of google docs to manage our product backlog across the company.
I don't know if you have found your answer but I'll post here anyway. This is indeed very confusing. Judging by the snippet they have added in the documentation as a limitation based on the developer comment here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-40790
what I understand is that all escaping of special characters does is help you include them in the search string ( instead of being an invalid query)...it doesn't actually include them in the search. If I understand the explanation of the developer correctly, special characters are stripped and not even indexed so searching for them is, well, impossible.
I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs