Search value of cascadind select field - how to?

Rumceisz April 16, 2013

Hi All,

we have a cascading select field. How can I search for a first level value? I mean the main category.

Thanks in advance,

Rumi

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

Hey Rumi,

I had a similar question once...

It should be:

customfield_11111 in cascadeOption("1st Level","2nd Level")
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

Hey, I had the same problem and I still haven't tried to do that... I always search like customfield = 'value' and this works fine but for the 1st level only, never try the 2nd level...

0 votes
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

Hi,

All the below mentioned options will work, if you want to search for 1st level option in a Cascade Select Field.

"CustomField Name" in cascadeOption("1st Level Option")

"CustomField Name" in ("1st Level Option")

"CustomField Name" = "1st Level Option"

Regards,

Chaithra

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

Just in case you have some documentation about all the Advance Search on Jira:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching

Suggest an answer