Search result is messy code in "Find a Confluence page" in JIRA

Hong Ao [Administrator] June 2, 2017

please see the following screenshot:

JIRA 7.3.6 Build 73017

Confluence 6.2.0 Build 7111

I checked encoding settings of  JIRA&Confluence&Database, It's all UTF8, so what's setting/bug leaded to this issue?

20170602172435.png

2 answers

0 votes
Tom December 19, 2017

I got the same problem as you got.1.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2017

Just to clarify - are you saying that the layout of the characters in the title is poor?  (It looks like they are not spaced out well to me).  Or is the title wrong, it should be something else?

Yes,the title is wrong. It should show Chinese Title, because the title is Chinese in Confluence, but it's wrong in JIRA.

If the search results include Chinese , then the title and the excerpt will appear garbled 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2017

It sounds like you might have some form of "locale" mix up, where JIRA is getting confused by different settings, but I'm really not too sure.  I've not seen this problem before, and I'd be tempted to go to atlassian support for it ( https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ )

Suggest an answer