Search on Summary during Issue Creation

Cynthia Fehr
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2015

Hi,

One of my team members has asked for some functionality that he had in JIRA at another company.

He said that when he used to create tickets as he typed in the summary field it would show tickets that already had that text in their summary.

Does anyone know how that functionality is accomplished?  Is it a plugin?

Thank-you,

Cynthia

3 answers

0 votes
Cynthia Fehr
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2015

Suggestimate would work but it is a bit pricey for that functionality.

I found issuepicker, which is free, but I wonder if it has been abandoned by the developer.  It was updated late last year for 6.3 but not since.

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2015

We do that here with a Confluence knowledge base linked to a JIRA Service Desk. The summary is matched against Confluence pages linked to that particular service desk through a selection of labels.

It's pretty nifty, but it does require creating Troubleshooting pages for every ticket. Service Desk makes it easy to convert a ticket into a Confluence page though.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2015

Suggestimate provides that functionality. I have also seen people mimic this by modifying some core files.

Suggest an answer