Search on Summary during Issue Creation

Hi,

One of my team members has asked for some functionality that he had in JIRA at another company.

He said that when he used to create tickets as he typed in the summary field it would show tickets that already had that text in their summary.

Does anyone know how that functionality is accomplished?  Is it a plugin?

Thank-you,

Cynthia

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Suggestimate provides that functionality. I have also seen people mimic this by modifying some core files.

We do that here with a Confluence knowledge base linked to a JIRA Service Desk. The summary is matched against Confluence pages linked to that particular service desk through a selection of labels.

It's pretty nifty, but it does require creating Troubleshooting pages for every ticket. Service Desk makes it easy to convert a ticket into a Confluence page though.

Suggestimate would work but it is a bit pricey for that functionality.

I found issuepicker, which is free, but I wonder if it has been abandoned by the developer.  It was updated late last year for 6.3 but not since.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

146 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you