Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Search not working in backlog view

I see below error in javascript console of brwser

image.png

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Deepak,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

I was not able to find any other similar tickets regarding this same error. That been said, please provide us the following information s we can refine our search and further troubleshoot your issue:

- Are you using JIRA Server or Cloud? If you are on Cloud, are you using a Next-gen project or Classic project?

- Have you tried to reproduce the problem in a different browser or incognito mode? What browser you are using?

- Do you have any plugins/extensions in your browser like Grammarly, Postman, etc? 

- How are you searching for the issue? Are you using the browser option (CRTL/Command F) or the application filter itself?

- Can you provide us a screenshot of the screen displayed when you perform the search? Please, make sure you are hiding all your confidential data from the screenshot

- Is the problem also reproducing for other users?

We will be waiting for your answer.

Hi Petterson,

Please find my answers below inline 

- Are you using JIRA Server or Cloud? If you are on Cloud, are you using a Next-gen project or Classic project?

[D] Classic Project

- Have you tried to reproduce the problem in a different browser or incognito mode? What browser you are using?

[D] Issue was found on Chrome on Mac OSx. Issue exists in chrome incognito mode and Firefox as well

- Do you have any plugins/extensions in your browser like Grammarly, Postman, etc? 

[D] Don't have either of those installed

- How are you searching for the issue? Are you using the browser option (CRTL/Command F) or the application filter itself?

[D] Searching on application search input in JIRA backlog view of project

- Can you provide us a screenshot of the screen displayed when you perform the search? Please, make sure you are hiding all your confidential data from the screenshot

[D] After performing searching UI doesn't change even a bit. In the past, it used to filter down issues matching search. Now it stays just as it is, no response
image.png

- Is the problem also reproducing for other users?
[D] Checked with another colleague. She doesn't face this issue

Hello Deepak,

After some time investigating it, there are no JIRA permissions that might be causing the mentioned error for you, however,

I believe you should be probably been impacted by a Firewall, proxy or browser blocking some of Atlassian IPs and Domains.

That been said, please try the following steps:

- Check if the problem reproduces in a different computer and a different network

- If possible, kindly ask for another user who is not facing this problem to log in JIRA on your computer and check if they are able to reproduce the problem from there

- Check if the IPs and domains of the following documentation are not been blocked by any Firewall, Proxy or Browser configuration:

Atlassian Cloud IP ranges and domains

Let me know your results.

Hi Petterson,

Thanks. It seems to be working now without any changes from side

I'm glad to know your issue is solved, Deepak.

In case it happens again, please try to follow the steps mentioned before and let us know your results to further help you.

Have a nice week! 

Hello, I'm having a very similar problem to this. The search and/or filters in Jira backlog are not working. 

I'm on Jira Cloud, a Classic project, the bug occurs on Chrome, only under a specific Google user profile (see isolation tests below)

I have tried:

• deleted all Chrome browsing history and cookies etc
  • deleted all Chrome extensions
  • completely un/re-installed Chrome.

It still doesn’t work.

I have tried to isolate the issue:

• Bug DOES occur in Chrome (My Google User Profile - Macbook - Office Wifi)
  • Bug DOES occur in Chrome (My Google User Profile - Macbook - 4G hotspot iPhone)
  • Bug DOES NOT occur in Safari (No User Profile - Macbook - Office Wifi)
  • Bug DOES NOT occur in Chrome Incognito (No Google User Profile - Macbook - Office Wifi)
  • Bug DOES NOT occur in Chrome (Other Google User Profile - Macbook - Office Wifi) 
  • Bug DOES NOT occur on iPhone Safari (No User Profile - iPhone - 4G)
  • Bug DOES NOT occur on iPhone Safari (No User Profile - iPhone - Positive Wifi)

So it seems to be related to my Google user profile. It doesn't seem to be network/firewall related as I still get the bug when running off my hotspot. I will explore further, but if you can provide any assistance based on the above understandings, that would be much appreciated.

The diff in the console between that which works and that which doesn't, is the same console error as the original poster screenshot e.g. "Uncaught (in promise) SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression: /p[o/: Unterminated character class"

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you