Search history for the date a field modified

Jeanne Howe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2014

We are using a "Flagged" field in JIRA to indicate blocked items. It is a checkbox field. Is there any way to search the history of an issue to see what date the field was set/updated.

We are trying to track how long an item has been blocked so we can escalate as needed.

2 answers

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2014

I would use a scripted field from the script runner plugin to search the issue history for when the flagged field was set

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2014

Hi JT,

It is not possible to search for the date when a custom field was updated in JIRA out of the box. However, there are other means to achieve what you want:

I hope this information helps.

Cheers,

Danilo

Jeanne Howe
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2014

Danilo, Thank you for the suggestions. Both of these options perform an action based on an event. I am simply looking to track how long an issue has been blocked. Since setting the flag is not an "event" (it's just an edit), these options will not get me the information I am looking for.

Katherine Krebser March 3, 2016

Hi Jeanne, 

Did you ever find out how to do this?  We're looking for this as well.

Many thanks, Katherine

Suggest an answer